A Memorial Day without a cookout and potato salad is…well, it’s just not right. This weekend is the unofficial start to grilling season. And while it’s important that we take time to remember those that serve, we also need to celebrate those freedoms that they fought to protect. So grab your ribs, your burgers, your dogs and your taters and let’s get it in, Tamarron! Check out this recipe from AllRecipes.com. The weather in Atlanta will be warm as usual (now if we can just avoid the rain that might hit) so I hope everyone can enjoy the long weekend.
The Best Potato Salad
- 6 eggs
- 10 red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepperoncini (optional)
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (optional)
- Place the eggs into a saucepan in a single layer and fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 15 minutes. Pour out the hot water; cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel and chop the cooled eggs.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and refrigerate until cold. Peel and cube once cold.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, and celery seed in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, potatoes, onion, pepperoncini, and olives; stir until evenly mixed. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.